Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2020

WW84 HURTS!!!

 



WTF!

What if I told you I shelled out $15 to watch Wonder Woman 1984 on HBOMAX and 30 minutes in, I was trying so hard to avoid the obvious conclusion.....this movie is gonna suck! It was like eating  a cheese snack, but pretending it was an actual meal. Silly and quite frankly, should only be watched as a streaming movie. 

Can you imagine risking Covid 19 exposure in a movie theatre to watch this disaster?

What was good? Pedro Pascal, period full stop.

What was bad? Direction, general storytelling, the year 1984

What was worse? Kristen Wig 

What was ugly? The CGI in this movie

What was ok I guess? Chris Pine

What was the Saving grace?  I actually got to see what else HBOMAX has to offer, I love Succession and started getting into Lovecraft Country

Finally, somebody please tell Patty Jenkins (director and screenplay) to go watch Wonder Woman, because it seems she forgot who the character was.

P.S. I don't know what to make of Gal Gadot's performance